Friday, September 28, 2012

Frixion Pens


This might seem like an odd thing to find on a sewing blog, but these pens have seriously changed my sewing! They're called Pilot FriXion Pens and the reason they're awesome is you can write on material, sew or embroider, then iron the material and the heat from the iron will remove the ink!


I love using these when I make my Flying Geese because it's so much easier to mark with the pen, sew and the ink is gone when you iron the layers apart.



I also used these to mark my square quilting on my Quilted Zipper Bags. The only challenge with these pens is if you use it on dark material (like the bottom of the Quilted Zipper Bags) it can fade the material a little. It's not enough for me to care, but I would test them on darker material before I used them.

Sometimes you can find these at the office supply store, but I bought mine through Amazon.com. You can buy a pack of just black ones or colored ones. I like having the color ones so I can use it on different materials. So pick some up and try them out! They'll change the way you mark your material.

No comments:

Post a Comment