Wednesday, September 5, 2012

Halloween Table Runner


Over the past year I put together an autumn quilt (that I'm in the process of finishing). At one point I had an appliqued panel that I was going to use, but decided against it. So I had to figure out what to do with the already created panel. That is what it looked like.

Source: Crazy Mom Quilts
So, I decided to make it into a table runner for October! I saw a really cool picture on Pinterest for a scrap quilt (I wanted mine less uniform and more crazy quilt-ish since it's a halloween quilt, so I changed it up a bit). Since I have tons of scraps leftover from my autumn quilt, I decided to do something similar.

First I gathered all the scraps by color. Next, I paired materials and started the triangles. 


I'm still working on this project, but this is the start of it! It's going to be way cute when it's done. This is the layout I have in mind at this point. Hopefully I will be able to finish it by next week and I can show you the finished project.


*Don't you love the one that looks like a candy corn (bottom center)? It's my favorite!

No comments:

Post a Comment