Monday, October 8, 2012

Animals for Noah's Arch

I found a cute Noah's arch activity book at the Thrift Store a few weeks ago. We've brought it to church a few times with us and Logan LOVES the pictures and the story. The only thing missing were the 5 animals that were supposed to come with it to play with. So I decided to make these animals for his enjoyment.


First I traced the animals in the book and cut out two of the shapes (one to embroider and one for the back).


I then embroidered the animals with a thin, black crochet yarn. I drew what to embroider with Pilot Frixion Pens first.


Then I sewed the two layers together with black string. Logan's loved these little guys and has had some fun moving them from page to page. Oh and eating them. Anything felt I make he immediately stuffs in his mouth. Must feel good on those teething gums or something.

These would be so much fun in a Zoo, Animal, or Noah's Arch quiet book. Feel free to use the idea in whatever will keep your little guy or girl happy!

No comments:

Post a Comment