Wednesday, October 31, 2012

Reuseable Swiffer Sweeper Pad

My husband is obsessed with Swiffers. I don't know why. I don't even think he's used one before. But ever since we got married he's begged me to buy one. Four years later I found a coupon for $5 off, so I caved and bought him one. I never wanted one because it only does a good job on wooden floors (only in our kitchen and bedroom), it's not really for sweeping, just for cleaning up dust and you have to buy those replacement towels every time you use it. What a waste of resources and money!




I must admit, it works better than I expected. It removes the dust from wooden floors pretty easy. So I decided to use a fraying towel to make a reusable Swiffer pad. This isn't really rocket science. You could just use any rag that was big enough, but I'm OCD, I need one the right size.

 Supplies:
Old towel



Cut off the top of the towel right down to the accent line (if you don't have an accent line, don't worry about it)


This is the line I'm talking about. Also can you see why this towel became a scrap? I thought name brand towels would have lasted longer... Oh well, won't buy them again! Cut a square 9 inches by 11 inches, with the decorative line across the 11 inch side. You can cut as many as you want (I did two, because I wanted a spare if the first one is already in the laundry).


Zigzag (or surge) around the edge of the towel, and you're done! The reason I like having the decorative line across the top is for ease of gripping when you push it into the holding compartments of the Swiffer.


See how nice it fits into place? Now you're ready to dust off your wooden floors. So have at it! Or you can come do my house. I don't dust anything nearly as much as I should.

No comments:

Post a Comment