Friday, January 4, 2013

Manly Doll Clothes


I think it's good for babies and young children to have a doll. It helps them learn how to be gentle to babies and those smaller than them. It's also helpful in teaching body parts (Where are the babies ears? etc.) So when I saw this doll at the thrift store, I picked it up for Logan. I removed the eye shadow, blush, and everything that made the baby look girly and deemed it the man doll.

The only thing lacking was some manly clothes. So I measured the baby and came up with some overalls and a t-shirt. Nothing too fancy, just something that wouldn't look like a girl.


My favorite part is how the back of the overalls connect. I used material from an old pair of pants, so the back triangle is the bottom part of the back pocket. It makes me smile every time I see it and think of the recycling.



No comments:

Post a Comment