Saturday, December 1, 2012

Advent Calendar!



I've wanted to make an Advent Calendar for a few years now. I bought all the supplies for it last year, but just didn't get around to it. I swear, Christmas is the busiest time of the year! So this year I vowed to get it done in time to use it. Today (December 1st) I finished the calendar and 3 of the ornaments! 

I know, cutting it close, but I'm so glad I made my goal. Now I just have to make a few ornament each week, and I'll have it done by Christmas! It seems doable anyway! I decided not to put numbers on the pockets, but I might change my mind and add some later. I wanted the kids to be able to pick whatever pocket they wanted.


I also decided to line the pockets with a silver material. This will make it so the felt doesn't stretch out over time. I


It was a lot of work to brainstorm and lay out, but I love the end result! I might even sell a pattern on how to do it next year. We'll see if there's any interest. Now to bust out those ornaments!


2 comments:

  1. Super cute--my kids would love this! The ornaments are adorable.

    I have some quilted potholders from Gma Yoder. They are so pretty I never want to use them!

    Mark wants a Nexus for Christmas, too. That case you made is awesome.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Melissa! It's been a ton of work, but I love the results of the advent calendar.

      I just made a few pot holders last week for a wedding coming up on the 15th, they're so much fun!

      The Nexus Case is more bulky than I like, but it's exactly what Dave wanted. So if he's happy, I'm happy. He isn't supposed to get his Nexus until Christmas... but he's been enjoying in for a month now! Sigh, I've given up on that man and gifts.

      Delete