Monday, August 27, 2012

The Sassy Seamstress Starts!

I've been toying with the idea of starting a "real blog" for the past few years. By real blog, I mean something with meaning and direction. Not the blog I write to keep my family updated. About a year ago I decided I wanted to write a sewing blog, but the first year of my son (Logan)'s life was a hard transition into motherhood and the blog got pushed off. I've been sewing more than ever in my life and have been itching to share it with the world.

I was asked on Sunday how long I've been sewing, and I answered "Um... forever!"And really it's true. I remember sewing clothes for my barbies and dolls as a kid, I took a basic sewing class in middle school, and an apparel and design class in college. Now I mostly sew stuff to go around the house, alter  my husband Dave, Logan and my clothes and do some quilting on the side.

I sew for a few reasons. One, it's all about the quality! Half the time you get something from the store, it's only made to last for a year or two. When you make it yourself you can pick the best materials and know it's going to last for years to come. Second, you can make exactly what you want. When it's custom you know your project will be perfect for whatever you had it intended for. Finally, you can alter store bought clothes and taylor them to fit your family perfectly. Your clothes can look good, but they look so much better when they have been sewn to fit.

Follow my blog and be inspired! I'll post pictures of my projects, tutorials, and fun projects & products that I love to use myself.

2 comments:

  1. I am excited! Love your projects :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Heather! I hope to have good alterations and kid stuff for you to follow

    ReplyDelete