Monday, October 1, 2012

Halloween Hanging




Last year I made this to go on our side door for Halloween. It didn't take long to make, and I thought it would be a fun one to feature for the 1st of October! I used felt for the guys, felt for the background,  put some cardboard between the layers for support, and ribbon to hold it all together.


First I cut out the pieces and embroidered the details on with thin crocheting thread. Since I knew this would only be up for a month each year, I then used craft glue to glue the layers to the brown background felt. I stitched around the outside with off white felt, glued the ribbon onto the back, and called it good!


It's playful and Logan loves walking in the house now so he can touch his guys. He especially loves tracing the eyes out. I've scanned in the sketches I made of the halloween guys. If you want me to email you the PDF so you can make these (or something else Halloween-ie), leave your email in the comments and I will send them your way.



No comments:

Post a Comment